God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corth 5:21

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Night Time Reading


These are the books that currently reside on my bedside table- yes I am 30 years old and officially a student again. Last week was my first week in Brookhaven's nursing program and I am pleased to write that I survived! I use the word "survived" because it really is a good description of how I felt going from being a stay at home mom to a full-time student (full-time means at the campus every day but Friday and Sunday). Life as a student now means having books that weigh more then Anders, taking tests on scantrons, asking other students for directions on how to get to class, looking in a microscope, sitting in hallways studing for a quiz or finishing homework, raising my hand, going to the bookstore, loving bright highlighters and notecards, practicing what I have learned with family and friends, and reading....reading.....and more reading. Great times! Now that I am in my second week of the program, I am feeling a bit more organized and confident that I can do this and I am even feeling thankful for the opportunity. Going back to school also reminds me of how blessed I am to have such a loving and supportive husband and family- I couldn't do it without them.

Now back to studying.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Chandra!! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Chandra, Welcome to the world of Nursing!!! You will be an excellent nurse!! Praying for you as you balance your life around school & home!

    ReplyDelete