God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corth 5:21

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beautiful Iowa- the state that makes you smile!

Green....Green... and more Green

It has been awhile since I last posted anything so I have a lot of catching up to do. Anders and I flew into Iowa a week ago and have been having a blast seeing family and friends all from my home state of Iowa.

I love Iowa, especially the summers, everywhere you look you see green! This visit has been particularly beautiful, blue skies and 70 degrees, so we gave been going for walks and trying to enjoy it as much as possible. During one of our outings, my mom and I introduced Anders to sweet corn and the farm.

On this walk we ran into a snapping turtle in the middle of the road that was coming up from my uncle Craig's creek. You don't see many of these in Dallas.
On the way back we stopped at my Grandma and Grandpa's garden to pick some raspberries. Acres of green....ripe red raspberries....it doesn't get much better then this.


Friends, Family
and Faith

It has been wonderful to see some family and friends during our visit. My good friend Melissa came out to my parents house with her daughter Avery and her baby Gabe. Gabe is just about 3 weeks older then Anders and is adorable. Melissa is a long life friend, and I can't wait to see our children grow up playing together.


We also had a chance to go and visit my mom's sister and 2 of my cousins. Here is Anders hanging out with all the girls (getting everyone to look at the camera all at the same time was quite the accomplishment). My cousin's daughter, Morgan (front row) lost her second front tooth during our visit and is proudly flashing her toothless smile.

This past Sunday we attended my hometown church. Here is the Montour United Methodist Choir in action (total attendance this morning was around 21). Montour's slogan,"small town and proud of it".

2 comments:

  1. your friend has some cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! So glad you are having a great time. We miss you and Anders!

    ReplyDelete