God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corth 5:21

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Catch Up May/June

It is already July....wow....I really need to catch up this blog.  So here are some snapshots of our summer this far.


May:
Happy Mother's Day- Jeff and the kiddos surprised me with a new chalk/magnet door.  I love being a mom and loved my surprise gift.
The Masters/Happy birthday- We spent Memorial Day weekend at The Masters Ski and Wakeboard Tournament in Pine Mountain, GA with Bryan, Eraina, Elwood, Lorraine, and Kiddos.  It was a fun weekend full of some amazing talent; and a great way to celebrate 32 years. 

June: 
Uncle Preston- my brother had a business trip in Dallas and was able to come and stay with us.  It was so good to see him.  Anders especially LOVED playing with uncle Preston.


Grandpa and Grandma Corbett- Jeff's grandparents came to visit from Canada.  There were a lot of great grandchildren for them to meet.

Iowa Road Trip- We spent a little over a week in Iowa visiting family and friends. It was so beautiful and a lot of fun.  Iowa summers are the best!






Surprise Party- After 30 + years of teaching we helped surprised my mom with a Happy Retirement party.  It was a great night of celebration.

Baby Luke- During our visit to Iowa I got to be at the hosptial when my good friend, Melissa, delivered her fourth baby.  It was such a special time.  Welcome to this world sweet baby Luke. 
RN & Nana's visit to Texas- my mom drove back from Iowa with me just in time for me to start my new job and hospital orientation.  She stayed for two weeks and was a huge help as we all adjusted to my new job. 
(I love seeing RN by my name...though at times I really can't believe I'm a real nurse)



1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have you and your family come to Iowa, throw a surprise retirement party for me, be able to drive back with you and your children, and to spend an entire week with you and your family! I am so blessed! Love, Mom-Nana

    ReplyDelete